Today I have on our display a highly collectable Kenwood piece. This is a Kenwood KT-5500 tuner manufactured in 1978. The price for the new unit was around 175 dollars,...
Another beauty has met new family: the AKAI GX-4000D I’ve restored got sold (eBay).
REPAIRS AND RESTORATIONS:
- Fixed the loose flywheel
- Cleaned the front panel, although could not fix the dent
- Replaced main belt and counter belt
- Cleaned scratchy Phones Volume control and Line In Recording Level control
- Cleaned contacts with Deoxit and lubed mechanics
- Test recording and playback time – about 20 hours.
- FULLY FUNCTIONAL, PERFECT PLAYBACK, PERFECT RECORDING
- RARE, HARD TO FIND ORIGINAL AGFA METAL REELS [GERMANY]
- ONE PRE-RECORDED TAPE FOR IMMEDIATE ENJOYMENT
- CAPSTAN SPEED CHANGE SLEEVE PRESENT
- COPY OF MANUAL INCLUDED
- NEW BELTS INSTALLED
Sold for 325 USD + 70 USD shipping to Colorado